SOURCE stands for Southern Unconventional Resources Collaboratory of Excellence. SOURCE is the umbrella for unconventional research. University and industry personnel are joining forces to unlock shale plays in the southern states. With a grant for research from the DOE, our main focus today is the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale with hopes that future discoveries can be applied to other Gulf coast shale plays and fundamental research on tight formations. It is the source for knowledge of Source Rocks & Beyonds
- To push the boundaries of science, technology and best practices in hydrocarbon extraction from tight formations.
- To contribute to the development and well-being of society through research on energy production.
- To train the next generation of petroleum engineers with intellectual merit and potential to benefit society.
- To enhance the economic development of the State of Louisiana through scientific research projects on oil and gas.
- To provide a platform for effective and efficient collaboration among academia, industry and State/Federal government.
- To promote environmental stewardship with regard to the development of unconventional resources.
- To empower qualified women, minorities and low-income students with an advanced education in engineering.
- To disseminate knowledge on unconventional resources
- Our vision is to be the SOURCE for source rocks and beyonds.